About this Webinar
July 23, 2020; 2 pm – 3 pm ET
The way prescriptions are priced and administered has not changed in the last two decades. Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) have constructed an opaque and complex system where they can profit off the confusion in the middle. The contract an employer signs with a PBM is often 50-100 pages long, but never includes a single drug price. Instead, employer contracts consist of complicated definitions, classifications, and exclusions that underpin average annual discounts off an ever-inflating Average Wholesale Price (AWP) benchmark. Under the current system, each PBM has different definitions for brands, generics, specialty, multi-source and other key categories. The variability is so great, PBMs even have different definitions across their own books-of-business. As a result, prices delivered to employers remain inconsistent, hidden behind a contracting paradigm that allows for extraordinary price and guarantee manipulation.
- Discuss the current landscape for PBM pricing and contracting from the perspective of plan sponsors, including challenges and conflicts
- Explore successful alternative pricing models and PBM contract structures
- Understand how specialty drugs are handled in alternative models
- Review case study examples of plan sponsors that have transitioned from traditional PBM models to transparent/aligned models
- Assess financial outcomes, member/patient impact, and access to data and auditability
This webinar is co-hosted by World Congress and Validation Institute.
President, Commercial Markets
Senior Vice President of Strategy
Capital Rx is redefining the way prescriptions are priced and administered in the U.S. Through its Clearinghouse Model, Capital Rx unlocks the pharmacy supply chain and reduces prescription costs for employer groups. By establishing a competitive marketplace for drug pricing, Capital Rx focuses its resources on deploying actionable strategies that improve plan performance and patient outcomes. The company’s commitment to innovation, technology, and service is why Capital Rx is the fastest-growing pharmacy benefit manager in America. For more information, please visit http://www.cap-rx.com