About this Webinar Series
Wednesday, May 19; 12 pm – 4 pm ET
Due to the pandemic, employers had to quickly modify their benefits and wellness programs and offer the right kind of support to employees and their families during tough times. As most organizations transitioned to a remote work environment, their benefits and wellness programs needed to reflect some of the new challenges their employees battled with due to the pandemic such as financial stress, anxiety, childcare, screen fatigue, and loneliness. As a result, there has been an increased focus and emphasis on engaging employees in their behavioral, emotional, and financial well-being in addition to physical health. As we near the end of the pandemic, employers must prepare for the “new normal” and continue to reshape their wellness initiatives to ensure their employees remain engaged in their health long-term which in turn will maximize productivity, prevent burnout, and contain costs. In this webinar series, gain insight into creating holistic well-being programs that garner long-term engagement and value, discover strategies to mitigate behavioral health issues, explore approaches to measure the effectiveness of health and wellness programs, and understand how to personalize programs by leveraging digital applications.
12:00 – 1:00 PM
Employer Perspectives: Reengineer Health and Well-Being Programs to Meet the Needs of Today’s Workforce
In this discussion, HR executives share their insights on approaches to foster a healthy and an inclusive workplace culture and engage their employees in a virtual work environment. The panel will share their perspectives on how to identify and cater to the shifting needs of a workforce, take a holistic approach when designing health and well-being programs, and implement strategies that deliver quality care at reduced costs.
- Hear from HR leaders on how they modified their wellness offerings since the pandemic
- Gain insight into effective engagement strategies for remote employees
- Understand the importance of whole-person care and holistic well-being
- Focus on physical, financial, emotional, and mental health
- Discuss strategies to customize well-being programs based on employee needs
1:00 – 2:00 PM
Solving the Addiction Problem: What Can (Should) Employers Do?
Covid-19 has caused an immense amount of stress and negatively impacted the mental health of many individuals. In particular, it has hugely affected those vulnerable to substance use and misuse. The Overdose Detection Mapping Application Program (ODMAP) data suggests a 17.59% increase in overdoses since the enactment of stay-at-home orders. Additionally, several reports indicate spikes in alcohol purchases and an increase in methamphetamine, cocaine, and fentanyl in urine samples. While these statistics are alarming, the increase in substance use during the pandemic isn’t very surprising; Covid-19 has brought several issues to the forefront including loneliness, isolation, anxiety, financial insecurities, and much more which in turn led people to use substances as a coping mechanism. How can employers take the lead in addressing mental and substance use disorders? In this session, hear how employers can play a critical role in supporting the behavioral health needs of their workforce – from removing the stigma around mental health to offering programs that help those dealing with a behavioral health condition – to improve the health and well-being of their employees, reduce overall health care expenses, and contribute to solving the addiction problem prevalent in the country today. Learn how to efficiently address behavioral health issues including SUDs while navigating challenges around timely access to resources, therapy, and treatment.
- Understand the impact of substance use and addiction on an individual’s overall health and well-being
- Prepare for the coming tidal wave of employers facing health care costs related to addiction
- Discuss evidence-based, personalized, and holistic approaches to manage addiction
- Leverage digital tools to support individuals dealing with substance use disorder
Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder
Vice President, Health Benefit Manager
2:00 – 3:00 PM
Embracing Digital Technology to Elevate Employee Well-Being
Session and speaker TBA
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Discover Tools to Determine the Cost-Effectiveness of Benefits and Well-Being Programs
If you feel your employees are unengaged in their benefits, you are not alone. And you’re also not alone if you’ve tried to raise engagement by offering more and more “point solutions,” confusing employees and increasing your administrative burden.
But which of these solutions work and which don’t? In this session, learn about the Benefit Engagement Survey Tool (BEST) to survey and measure the engagement and value of the benefits you offer your employees. Learn how to:
- Measure non-participants as well as participants
- Measure the degree of participation
- Determine whether participation is driven by incentives or intrinsic factors
- Contrast your programs against one another, as opposed to in a vacuum
- Determine which programs give you the most bang for your buck
- End reliance on self-interested vendors, brokers, and consultants to “validate” their own programs
- Measure less-frequently used benefits (like end-of-life and fertility) against more common ones, like wellness and health literacy
Al Lewis, JD
CEO and Quizmeister-in-Chief
Who Should Attend:
From employer/purchaser organizations –Chief HR Officer, Chief People Officer; VPs and Directors of HR, Benefits, Wellness
Quit Genius is the world’s first digital clinic for treating tobacco, alcohol and opioid addictions. Built on the evidence-based principle of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT), Quit Genius combines virtual behavioral therapy with approved medication and connected devices to help employers tackle the high cost of addiction in the workplace while improving the lives of their employees. To-date, Quit Genius has helped more than 60,000 people quit their addictions. The company integrates with health plans, pharmacy benefit managers and wellness platforms to deliver a turnkey implementation experience. Visit www.quitgenius.com for more information.